Procedures to protect against transmission of Covid-19
Please read before attending for an appointment, also complete and submit the Health Declaration Form below
I have spaced out patient appointments so that all visitors to the clinic can remain socially distanced. I have blocked out 30 minutes around all 1-hour appointments in the Bookings Calendar (to avoid overlap of patients and to allow me time to disinfect between patients). If you wish to book a longer appointment, while the current Covid-19 measures are in place, you will need to email or text me and I will make your booking for you.
Unless you require assistance for specific support and care needs, please come alone for your appointment.
• If you are a new patient I will email you a consultation document to be completed online and emailed back to me at least 24 hours prior to your treatment.
• All patients, please email the completed Health Declaration: Covid-19 Consent Form back to me prior to all appointments. If you cannot do this, then send me a text/email/ring prior to your appointment.
• If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19, please contact me before attending the clinic. The three main symptoms are: high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a change or loss to your sense of smell or taste. For more information go to: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
Entering the clinic
• You will receive a specific time for arrival. I would be grateful if you could arrive at exactly that time.
• When you arrive, please knock on the front door and I will come and open the door for you.
• Please remove shoes and leave in the hall.
• My treatment room door will be open, so please walk straight in.
• Please hang any coat/jacket etc on the hooks in my treatment room.
I have set up a hand wash point in my treatment room with hand-wash, paper towels and alcohol gel, so please wash and dry your hands immediately upon entering the room.
Face mask and respiratory hygiene
I will not be masked up when I answer the door to you and while we do the short catch-up prior to treatment. I will, however, wear a mask while I treat you. I am not going to insist that patients wear masks, particularly as many of my patients are often treated face-down with their head in the couch hole - I think breathing could be somewhat difficult in this position and it would not be relaxing. If you wish to bring your own mask, please do so and if you decide you wish to wear one upon arrival, I can provide one for you. If you need to sneeze or cough while in the clinic, please do so into a disposable tissue (they will be placed near to you) and throw it away immediately. Please wash your hands/use alcohol gel immediately after doing so.
Enhanced clinic hygiene
Given that I work from home and one of my sons is also living here, if either of us become unwell or develop a temperature, I will cancel all treatments for the forthcoming two weeks.
Reduction of fabric
I will not be using the towelling couch cover that is usually on the treatment couch – there will be the usual disposable paper roll. If you would like some extra warmth, please bring a towel of your own.
I will be using towels on top of patients (as per) but these will be once-use only and washed after each patient. If you are able to bring a towel of your own, that would be greatly appreciated - it will help me not have to wash all my patient towels every evening! If you are coming on the train or, for whatever reason, this is not convenient please do not feel the need to bring a towel.
Pillowcases will also be changed between patients.
The upholstered chair will be replaced with a wipeable, wooden chair. I will be keeping the face-to-face consult and catch-up process to a minimum, however, if you know that you will be very uncomfortable sitting on a wooden chair for even a short length of time, please bring a cushion.
All surfaces in my treatment room that patients are likely to touch: the couch, the chairs, shelving, coat hooks and my desk will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after each patient.
All internal and external door handles (front door and treatment room door) will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after each patient.
The toilet will not be available for local patient use. If you are travelling form further afield and use of the toilet is likely to be needed, notify me of this prior to your treatment and I will ensure it is disinfected for your arrival.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon! If you have any further questions, please send me an email/text or, if it’s too complicated for that, ring me!